PDA

View Full Version : Can't use data connection.

royal_phunkz
07-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Hi. I'm having trouble connecting with the internet using data connection. These are the scenarios that I tried:

SIM1: Smart Bro
SIM2: Globe
Data Connection: Globe
Result: Cannot connect.

SIM1: Smart Bro
SIM2: Globe
Data Connection: Smart Bro

SIM1: Globe
SIM2: Smart Bro
Data Connection: Globe

SIM1: Globe
SIM2: Smart Bro
Data Connection: Smart Bro

By the way, I registered for UnliSurf for both of the sim. On other handsets, I can connect to the internet. Any help on this? Thanks.

EpsilonTheGreat
07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Is your device still in S108 ROM?

And did you, in some point in time managed to enable WIFI and data connection at the same time?

There was a bug (second question above) in the Lenovo tablet series where the users can enable data connection(as the icon indicates) but cannot get a 3G (E or H) icon next to the network signal (notification bar) - and the only solution was to do a device factory reset. This was apparently fixed by succeeding updates.

Please try updating to S112, do a factory reset and let us know the results.

royal_phunkz
07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Is your device still in S108 ROM?

And did you, in some point in time managed to enable WIFI and data connection at the same time?

There was a bug (second question above) in the Lenovo tablet series where the users can enable data connection(as the icon indicates) but cannot get a 3G (E or H) icon next to the network signal (notification bar) - and the only solution was to do a device factory reset. This was apparently fixed by succeeding updates.

Please try updating to S112, do a factory reset and let us know the results.

I'm on S112 sir. And I already did a factory reset. When I was in S108 last time, I can remember that I can use the data connection.

nesnaj16
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Have you switched your Data Connection ON?

Check your APN settings too.

For Globe (Prepaid) set your default connection to myGlobe INET
For Globe (Postpaid) set your default connection to myGlobe INET Postpaid

For Smart Broadband: Set your default connection to Smart Internet.
If does not work, create a new APN settings and type the ff.

Name: Smart Broadband
APN: smartbro
APN Type: default
Proxy: 010.102.061.046
Port: 8080
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
MMSC: <Not set>
MMS Proxy: <Not set>
MMS Port: <Not set>
MCC: 515
MNC: 03
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

By the way, for faster internet browsing, set your Network Mode to "WCDMA only".

Hope this helps! :)

cdcatingub
08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
can you also post how to set up internet settings? MMS?
sorry masyado ako maraming tanong, this P700 is my 1st ever android phone and 1st ever touchscreen phone - so wala ako idea about android OS at medyo ngarag ako magtap tap pag nagte-text (though i have QUBE Qtouch Tablet), pero syempre ibang usapan pa rin yung phone na everyday use.
hehehe! unlike my old E71 and E61i, pag sinalpak ang simcard, automatic meron agad notification for GPRS,MMS etc...
how about sa ating P700?

iam3rdy
08-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Whats teh exact APN Settings for GLOBE data connection.

Thanks.

royal_phunkz
08-03-2012, 10:08 AM

By the way, for faster internet browsing, set your Network Mode to "WCDMA only".

Ganyan na po yung settings pero wala pa rin. (OK lang pala magfilipino. Hehe.)
Nung before upgrading to S112, nakapaginternet ako gamit data connection.
I'm still figuring out kung ano po yung problem.

nesnaj16
08-03-2012, 04:22 PM
can you also post how to set up internet settings? MMS?
sorry masyado ako maraming tanong, this P700 is my 1st ever android phone and 1st ever touchscreen phone - so wala ako idea about android OS at medyo ngarag ako magtap tap pag nagte-text (though i have QUBE Qtouch Tablet), pero syempre ibang usapan pa rin yung phone na everyday use.
hehehe! unlike my old E71 and E61i, pag sinalpak ang simcard, automatic meron agad notification for GPRS,MMS etc...
how about sa ating P700?

The settings are already pre-configured on your P700, both GPRS and MMS. You just need to select what connection are you going to use.

nesnaj16
08-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Whats teh exact APN Settings for GLOBE data connection.

Thanks.

For Globe Postpaid:
APN: internet.globe.com.ph

For Globe Prepaid:
APN: http.globe.com.ph

royal_phunkz
08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
For Globe Postpaid:
APN: internet.globe.com.ph

For Globe Prepaid:
APN: http.globe.com.ph

Ayun. Wala pa rin po. same settings na pinost niyo. Tapos data connection is on. DI pa rin po makabrowse gamit data connection.

royal_phunkz
08-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Sirs, update lang po. OK na po siya. Sana di na ulit masira.
What I did was to make a factory and data reset po ulit sa recovery mode. After po nun, naging ok na ulit siya. Thanks po sa mga help. Sana di na maging ganun ulit. :)

kaminocisco
08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
I am encountering the same problem. I applied all the steps in the thread and was successful the first time when I factory reset my device. the thing is after a while the problem returned and even if I do factory reset (settings and recovery mode) I still can't use the data connection. I'm using SmartBro on sim1 and Sun on sim2. i'm also updated to the latest firmware '_0801'. any suggestions? TIA!

Sharkbait101
08-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Darn... I just did a factory reset, lost my data connection when i installed the juice defender app from Playstore :mad: Anyway, i'm now restoring my apps...

Furball
10-09-2012, 04:24 AM
This seems to be the only post related to mobile internet connection problems. Also have this, Globe and Sun postpaid naman, tried both ways, swapped 3g/2g sim1/sim2 but still no go. Is this really a Lenovo problem and not an Android ICS one?

opengeek
10-14-2012, 08:15 PM
it works for me, thanks to this.

jay-jay12
10-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Hi I'm new with lenovo and in the past 48 hours i got disconnected to the internet twice already.
I'm with Globe unli data plan.. nothing is wrong with the network. I turning off the phone wont work.
So i had to reset the phone to it's factory default and that solved the problem. It happened to me twice.
Am i doing something that's causing this?

thanks!!

Furball
10-15-2012, 10:03 AM
I had to restore twice to get it right: the first one was restored via the recovery mode, which worked too good because the problem reappeared after restoring. The second restore was using the backup made from settings panel; although it only partly restored everything -- no settings, accounts, etc., I could connect to the internet via 3G/HSPA so it was good.

Thanks for the tips here!

1hei_bill0nes
10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I also have the same issue. but mine is more on the provider issue. Yesterday I can't upload a picture in Instagram until late night. But when I'm already here in the office (alabang) I was able to upload successfully without issue. I live in Bacoor where theres a intermittent Data Connection because I'm seeing an arrow under the letter, downward, upwards sometimes both but still I can't upload.

GABZilla
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Heres the situation at first month of using the P700 there is no problem connecting Internet.. But after a month it cannot connect anymore..
the set up is 1st sim: Smart Buddy 2nd sim: Sun(i was connected for a month on the smart sim on internet connection)

i just dont know it cant connect anymore. So i restart my fon and nothing happens, so i try

1. reset factory setting and failed
2.tried pull the 2nd sim and still cant connect..
3.tried using another smart sim and i can connect internet with 1st sim:Smart(not my number) and 2nd sim: Sun(cant change my original number its very important)
4.when i put back my original sim(my number) it cant connect anymore, i was thinking the sim was the problem.
5.I went to Smart Center and ask for this problem. they tried my sim on their galaxy S2 and it cant connect the internet.
6.So they update my sim change it to new one also with my same number on it, i waited 2 day before it activate.

When it activate its just the same....

I go again to the Smart center there another attendant check my unit...
He pull off the sun sim, then he set Mobile Networks to Smart then restart the phone
When it restart its Ok now but without the sun on 2nd sim. so i shut it down and put the sun sim.
when i turned it on again its ok..very good..

when i got home i put off the data connection, but when turned it on again it cant connect...
grrrrrrrrr

but now if i cant connect i just turn it off and pull off the 2nd sim. and restart the phone then turn it on then turn on data networks..When the arrows with H are visible you can go shut down and put back the 2nd sim... and now it works fine
i hope there is an update that would fix this bug for P700...

Thanks

superbit64
11-29-2012, 09:47 AM
This is probably because of battery savers or power managers, I know a workaround for this but it requires that phone to be rooted. Basically everytime the dataconnection does not work all you have to do is disable dataconn from notifications, enable it via the app (batterysaver or something), restart phone and enable again via notification panel.

Furball
01-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Frack it happened again.

My P700 is rooted now though, how to fix this without having to reinstall everything?

Update: Couldn't find anything reliable on the 'net for this, so yes, had to reinstall and data connection is back. :rolleyes:

robbyjed
01-29-2013, 12:01 PM

Panu naman baguhin ung APN settings?? kasi hindi ko naman sya ma-edit. please help.