Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The K900 smartphone

The K900 smartphone

While we are waiting for the Lenovo P770, Lenovomobile just announced the K900. It seems to be a 13mp camera, slim, 5.5" full 1920 x 1080 display, using an Intel atom 2ghz dual core processor. It's not clear if it will run win 8 or android, though I would assume that it will be the latter.

lenovo-phone.jpg

It seems to be an Intel Atom processor. Atom processors will do well in the mobile industry. In fact, that is one of the original intent for use. It has been overtaken though by ARM and other processor makers. Somehow, Atom got distracted with Netbooks, which are basically now dead if not dying. Unless, this new Atom has the spirit in manufacturing as the upcoming 3rd gen i-series but of lower power TDP (call it 3.5 gen?), one of the issues against it will be power consumption.

In any case, no idea of the price. It is expected to be released in China and likely the Asian region sometime April.

The sources:
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ntel_processor

http://liliputing.com/2013/01/lenovo...-atom-cpu.html

Doesn't seem to say anything about it being a Dual SIM phone though. This now seems to be my main requirement. Practically scratches off the higher end Android phones from the list.

I wonder how the Atom performs on a smartphone though.

K900 official now

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Doesn't seem to say anything about it being a Dual SIM phone though. This now seems to be my main requirement. Practically scratches off the higher end Android phones from the list.

I wonder how the Atom performs on a smartphone though.
    No info if it is dual core. My bet is it will be. The clue is that it is to be released in China and Asia first. Atom, if it uses the new ivy bridge techs should be faster and more power conscious. So, even a dual core would be formidable. Not sure if the graphics will keep pace for gaming though. But for 1080p video, it will hold. Here is the latest and official announcement:

-------------
    Here at CES 2013, Lenovo took the wraps off its IdeaPhone K900, which is the world’s first Intel Clover Trail+-powered smartphone. With its 5.5-inch, 1080p display, it also enters phablet territory.

The K900 is spearheaded by a 2-GHz Z2580 Intel Clover Trail+ dual-core processor, Gorilla Glass 2.0 5.5-inch, 1080p display, 16GB of storage, 13-MP camera and runs Android Jellybean. At 6.9mm, it’s quite thin and is also partially encased in low magnetic magnesium.

The Lenovo IdeaPhone K900 will first hit China, and it’s currently unknown whether it’ll ever arrive on U.S. shores. Nevertheless, the K900′s status as the world’s first Intel Clover Trail+-powered smartphone is generating quite a bit of attention. In the interim, stay tuned for further coverage of Lenovo announcements, as well as all things CES 2013.
    -------------

Video link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22oF0m4WE9o

----------

My guess is this will have to dip P10k, no more P12k for it to be viable. In fact, it should really tilt more to the P9k-10k range. Everybody is making 5" even 6" now. Apple is also going to hit China with a lower priced one. Locally, Torque will release a 5.3" and a 6" dual sims, dual core. Today's Torque 7" tablet is dual core, 2-sims, even has TV, is priced at P8,500. Granting it is not a premium brand, this shows that these devices are obiquitious now.

Let's see how Lenovo plays this out. But then again, they better cover the other price points too. Suddenly, the upcoming P770 is so-so, and definitely has to be priced in the P7-8k range now for it to compete.

uy sulit sa price na ito oh... ang question na lang is kung ok ung Intel Clover.

ang ganda! kahit na hindi dual sim for 10k... bili na lang ako ng pocket wifi atleast madami makakagamit... gusto ko nito!!!

I think a phablet is just too big for me. Maybe if they made it longer rather than wider? Like a 7" screen but only as wide as current phones, like what Apple did with the iPhone 5.

Following this thought, eventually we'll end up with LCD flip phones.

@1hei_bill0nes
    Thanks for sharing! Now we can see that this is a Single SIM phone, with a somewhat-maybe user replaceable battery? You just have to take out those "industrial" screws every time. And it's good that they went the longer rather than wider version.

i just wish na pasok sa banga ang price nito... at ok ang battery.

Frack it, 2012 was the year of dual core smartphones.

2013, apparently, is the year of quad core smartphones. Good gawd. http://cute-android-phones.net/jiayu...sed-today.html

A dual SIM quad core for 10k? How can you go wrong with that?

The pressure is on for Lenovo though, the K900 will have to outmatch and outperform this "other" China branded phone. Win-win for the consumers, of course.